Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Beginning of our Training #moo2fitness



Well, that winter was long. I've been waiting for months for it to be light enough and warm enough to tighten the sneakers and get out on the pavement for another run. 

I really enjoyed training for the City to Surf, and when MrMoo announced that he wanted to train for a 10km fun run at the end of November I jumped on the bandwagon!


It is SO. GOOD. to be outside, sweating, huffing and puffing. It's a stress release and therapy time, a time to pray and zone out and focus in. It's just a good time for everything.

I'm looking forward to upping my fitness and acing that 10km. I'm actually considering not running in the fun run, and doing it on a different day so I can time myself. And. Well. I was really bitter about having to run with scooters and prams during the city to surf. It was dan.ger.ous. Apparently I'm not much of a "fun run" type. Oops.


I live around such a beautiful area, there are lovely parks and walk ways I can run down. 

I use the Nike app to coach me in my training - you put in how many km's you want to be able to run by a certain date and it works out a daily training schedule for you. In the early weeks I really like that there are some walks to loosen up your body in between runs.

[excuse that shoe pile]

MrMoo and I take advantage of the walks by going out together after dinner before bedtime. It's a lovely time bathed in sunset light, the girls sit happily in their buggy with their tummies full, sunglasses on and we get to chat about our days, which isn't something we are usually very good at making time for.


And, it's really hot seeing your hubby working out in such a perfect scene.
[I'm sharing on Instagram #moo2fitness ]

1 comment:

  1. Awe what a neat time to go out together - enjoy the training.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover