Friday, February 19, 2016

Dinners Ready - A moment in time.

"Dinners ready" I announce. Or breakfast, lunch, snacks, or anything really.

Two little humans drop what they are doing and run past me, under my legs, they sprint to the kitchen shouting in celebration down the hallway where I am standing.

I follow as they navigate their way past me.

The big one is faster.

The little one runs with her hands in the air. There's side stepping and confusion as she passes. She's not sure how to get around my legs, but she pushes through anyway. Her feet making a gentle, but firm stomp on the ground with each running step.

My view is like a computer game. I can see it all from above, looking down on my little character running towards the dining table.

This may be one of my favourite parts of motherhood, and stay at home mum life; the view from above, the excited side stepping in the hall way, the running in front of me, hands in the air and the patter of feet. Yes, it's one of my favourites.

Ages 4.5 & 2.5

2 comments:

  1. One of the best things about blogging is that you capture these little vignettes, moments in time that otherwise would probably be forgotten because they are your "normal" everyday occurances. Then in a few years you can scroll back through these old posts and get such a powerful surge of emotion, as the memory is captured and recalled in vivid detail, right there for posterity.
    I know. It's amazing. Sometimes I get lost in my own blog, rereading these "lost" everyday moments. the things the kids said or did, long forgotten battles and laughs... it's precious! Keep blogging it all Sophie! this is our time capsule! xx

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover