Friday, September 30, 2016

Jungle Dress


Warm spring weather is almost here!

Now I have a fun jungle dress to wear when the sun shines, yipee!



This is a Tilly and The Buttons pattern, from her book Love at First Stitch which I rented from the library. It looks much sweeter on her little petite frame.

I lengthened the bodice by 2cm, and added in some back neckline darts after all was said and done. One of these days I need to try a full-bust-adjustment, because I think I border line need one. Also, sway back adjustment should have been added. I did do an acceptable toile! I swear.

If I was in the Great British Sewing Bee (watch the latest season 4 on YouTube!) I think Patrick would critique that there are some fitting issues, but I've made a wearable garment. 

I've binged the GBSB so much lately that I hear Patrick over my shoulder when I sew now. 
Not such a bad thing, really.


And also, I've sewed the best zipper of my life, so there's that to be proud of. 

That, along with the colours, stretch and fullness of the cotton sateen make it a great dress! I'm looking forward to wearing it more and more, just as soon as the weather decides to kick it up a notch! 


I think I inherited this fabric from Debs stash, along with a free pattern from the Library, and a $8 zipper make this a pretty cheap dress! 


READ MORE:





2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely gorgeous on you! LOVE it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful dress - your sewing is really rather incredible, especially now you are learning to adjust patterns.'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover