Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To Look Forward To


I love the Roller Derby!! It is so much fun. I can't wait until the 2011 season starts up again! Season tickets anyone?! I'm seriously hoping its true that you can take a baby anywhere and we can take her to the Derby. I think on the inside if we couldn't I would be really really gutted. To be honest. I'm still selfish. 



This week my old work has been advertising a hot stone facial special. I miss working there so much. It was such a great environment so this is twofold - I miss great employment and I miss getting monthly free facials. (I know. Free. Jealous much?) Well, I am, because now I don't get them. And I haven't had a facial since. If you ever get the chance, have a hot stone facial. But make it longer than 30 minutes. 30 minutes is far too quick for any sort of pampering to be done! An hour is a good time for any 'treat', anything less and its really just 'maintenance' .



We were reminiscing about the good ol' times that we had at The Mex which was sadly closed after the boxing day earthquakes. We have had so many birthday parties and celebrations at The Mex, it was definitely our venue of choice! The decor, the staff, the atmosphere, the wooden tables, the pineapple and mango margaritas! Devine. Yumyumyumyum. 

Speaking of margaritas... I'd love a red wine. Just a casual "hanging out at home with not much to do late on a friday night while my husband sips a cool beer and I have a nice glass of red and we eat chocolate and cuddle on the couch and maybe watch a movie or two" type of wine. Soon, Sophie, soon. 


And lastly, I can't wait to reach my toes again. I'm looking forward to treating my feet to a lovely soak and exfoliant and a bright blue nail polish I have that's been waiting for the occasion... Bliss!!

[Second lastly, I'm also quite partial to a rice ball...]

9 months really isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, but as it draws to an end I find my desires wandering to things that are so close but still out of reach (like my feet!). Let me dream, it feels good.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Sophie Slim, nice to 'virtually' meet you!
    Wishing you a peaceful birth,
    Look forward to meeting you, and the little one, in the flesh sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said to my man - come to the hospital with sushi - I could care less about flowers I WANT SUSHI - pretty much just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover