Monday, May 28, 2012

LOVE BOMB Details

I want to thank you for being so responsive to the world around you.

You, whose heart is soft and able to be spoken to, thank you. 

On Friday I told you about The Sisterhood LOVE BOMB. I put out a call for us to gather together and send smiles all about the country. I put out a list of women who have been nominated by their friends, fellow Sisters who are just getting on with life despite their circumstances, when the going gets tough they dig in and pull through. 

Inspiring women.


A lot of you were a little bit confused so perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Allow me to be a little more specific about how we go about this:
  • First, read about WHY we're doing the LOVE BOMB
  • Choose yourself someone you would like to drop a LOVE BOMB on. Think of something you might like to send them, or email me for some ideas. 
  • If you don't mind who and just want to help however you can, email me in the first place and I can suggest someone and something to send.
  • Things could be as small (and big) as prayers, cards, chocolates, smellies, soapies, gift vouchers etc.
  • Send whatever you would like to gift to me. My address can be supplied by email.
  • You have two weeks to get your gifts to me. (9th June 2012 deadline)
  • Once I have everything collected for each lady I will be packaging it up on your behalf and sending it to them while telling them that they are amazing and we just wanted to put a smile on their dial.
  • Sit back and know that for a moment, you transformed someones life.

In the past I haven't shown you on the blog what we have been able to achieve. I've struggled with that a little bit because I definitely don't want any praise for this. I'm just doing what I can, and this wouldn't exist without your help, thats definitely for sure. 

However, I have decided that for now, I will be showing you what we gather and send. This is not to give any glory to ourselves, but its to show "look at what can be achieved when we join together!!" which I believe is important to celebrate and use to encourage others to join together to make a little difference. Also, I think its important that you see your own gift with others, knowing you aren't alone in giving, and seeing the physical blessing that is being given.

Encouragement. That's why. I hope you're okay with that. 

Lets all keep our heads normal size though 'kay?

Like The Sisterhood on Facebook to stay in touch. Email me on sophieslim@moo2.co.nz

GO


READ MORE on The Sisterhood LOVE BOMB:

1 comment:

  1. LOVE BOMB is DA BOMB!

    There is someone I want to sent a card to, they don't know me from a bar of soap, but I know them from reading their awesome blog. I guess I still have no idea who they are...

    They live in Auckland and I have no idea how to get their postal address without giving it up that I want to send them something. I'll email you the details....

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover