Friday, July 29, 2011

Antenatal #5

I love antenatal classes. There. I said it. 

I've heard some bad reviews about them from a range of people for a range of different reasons but for myself and Graeme, we love them.

I feel as if I have a lot of knowledge on the baby making process. I have read a lot of books, a lot of articles, blogs, DVDs and talked to a lot of Mamas. For me, antenatal classes were never really about learning things but reinforcing them. Its always great to learn in different formats and it has been hugely beneficial to hear other people speak about different issues, do activities, play games and get to know other parents-to-be.

It has also been seriously beneficial to have Graeme in the classes too. He's really into them, will talk about them before and after, tell me what he has learnt and how he feels on certain topics. I never wanted to have to "educate" Graeme on babies because I think then it would seem as if I had the answers and the partner is always trying to keep up. Rather, it should be mutual knowledge and understanding. It has been really great to have someone teach us both rather than me trying to fill Graeme's head with everything I have learnt. 

This weeks class was all about newborn care and changes that take place after a birth. Mostly, changes to relationships and lifestyles and changes in a baby. 

Changes will happen and some will be drastic, other things probably wont even change, but thats all a part of life, right? Really, in the long run, the benefits far outweigh everything else. I have never heard of a parent [so far] [and I hope I don't] who has said that it isn't worth it. 

Sorry this post is so lame. I haven't been feeling the greatest these last few days. My brain feels like its full of wrackspurt. I'm finding it hard to remember what happened on Wednesday [but I do remember Wednesday was awesome] and all I want to do is go to sleep. 

Our next class is an informal one on a Sunday at the instructors house (commitment huh!!) because we missed out one of the nights. There, we will see a baby being bathed, learn about nappies, clothing, bedding - all the practical safety stuff.

Much love to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover