Monday, September 2, 2013

Meet The Sisterhood: Gina



The Sisterhood is made up of so many beautiful women, many of whom have been with us since the very beginning. I wanted to introduce them to you as they mostly stay under the radar and behind the scenes but they are so very important to me!

I've asked them all a few questions, and they replied! I hope you enjoy getting to know a few more Sisters! (I'll be posting these interviews each week. Make sure you leave a comment and some love for them!)

Introducing Gina!


I knew Gina through our antenatal and Plunket groups (doesn't she have the cutest family!!), she had just started coming to our Church so we had a lot to do with each other. Gina was one of the first people who had something to do with The Sisterhood who knew me in person. It blew me away that Gina would still want to be part of The Sisterhood while knowing who I was! That gave me a lot of hope and excitement and Gina's involvement showed me that this was something people wanted in on!

How did you first hear about The Sisterhood

I heard about The Sisterhood through Facebook and learnt more about it when I chatted to Sophie! :)


What initially made you get involved? How did you get involved?


What made me want to be involved was the story of the first family that The Sisterhood helped. We were called to help a child who had been very sick and as a result was living in hospital (see last weeks interview with Hazel for more info!). I felt I really wanted to help her parents because of how much they must have been worrying and how tired and upset they would be (I could only imagine!) and my husband and I  prayed for them and contributed some money for them to treat themselves and if possible have some downtime together as a couple. 
I let a friend of mine know and she and her Pre School students made up a heap of beautiful messages for her to have too! They loved being involved and hearing about how others were blessing this family.

How did that make you feel?

It felt fantastic that I was able to help and I loved hearing about what other people were doing for this family too.  
I was glad to be a part of something like The Sisterhood that would offer that bit of support people need to get them through a challenging time. It empowered me to want to help others and I looked forward to seeing what else The Sisterhood could do!
I feel really lucky to know about The Sisterhood and super thankful to Sophie for giving me (and others) the opportunity.

What is your favourite part of The Sisterhood?

My favourite part of The Sisterhood has been showing support to others and bringing other people (who I don't know) into my thoughts and prayers. It has been awesome to be a part of The Sisterhood from the beginning and see how much it has grown and all the lives people are able to bless. It has given me a way that I can offer my support to others and I love hearing about peoples responses and how their gifts or love-bombs have made them feel. 
I was also really impressed with the amount of people who got on board!! So many people want to help and bless others but just didn't know how and The Sisterhood has given people the opportunity to do it! :)

What would you like to see us do in the future?

I have heaps of faith in The Sisterhood and look forward to watching it grow as more and more people get on board.
It really has turned into a huge support network and I just love seeing all the new and fresh ideas that come up!
Love-bombs, baking-bombs and just showing people that they are cared about and thought about is such a beautiful thing and I am so so proud to say that the person behind it all is my friend. Emoji

If you want to make friends with Gina, you can email her here:

Gina_756 AT hotmail.com


Want to meet more?
Angelas Interview
Hazels Interview

1 comment:

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover