Monday, September 23, 2013

Meet The Sisterhood - Miriam


The Sisterhood is made up of so many beautiful women, many of whom have been with us since the very beginning. I wanted to introduce them to you as they mostly stay under the radar and behind the scenes but they are so very important to me!

I've asked them all a few questions, and they replied! I hope you enjoy getting to know a few more Sisters! (I'll be posting these interviews each week. Make sure you leave a comment and some love for them!)

Introducing Miriam!


Miriam. Miriam, Miriam. I have had many late night conversations of Sisterhood musings with Miriam. She is constantly encouraging me, spurring me on to good deeds, and well... Just being like Jesus, really. Except female. And she's an incredible baker. When my daughter turned one, she turned up at my house with a birthday cake FOR ME to celebrate MY first year of mother hood. Ahh, awesome much!? She also blogs at Create Hope Inspire , and you can read her posts on last years Ninja Bake weekend and Kindness Day




How did you first hear about The SisterhoodFrom Sophie's blog. :o)

What initially made you get involved? How did you get involved?I wanted to be involved because I really believe in the ethos of the sisterhood. It puts into action something I believe very strongly -'Kindness is powerful, we are powerful when we are kind'. I like that is was simple to be involved - you gave what you could and others gave what they could and together the whole was big. I initially got involved by giving small things.


How did that make you feel?

It made me feel excited to be part of something big and lovely and secret

What is your favourite part of The Sisterhood?
The fact that it helps us to do what many of us want to do anyway - it gives us reasons to be kind, thoughtful, generous and selfless. All qualities that enrich us and others. I also love the sense of extended community. While I am (failing to) deliver baking secretly somewhere else in NZ someone else is doing the same. It is a shared excitement and the conversation that comes out of that, that I find the 'fun' side of the sisterhood. Stealth is fun (except I may need some further training in this!)\


What would you like to see us do in the future?
I loved the great cookie drop and the kindness day heaps. Maybe a specific kindness with photo action could be fun - e.g let's see how many people can leave a chocolate bar for someone to discover somewhere, in one day.....or how many encouraging texts can we collectively send in an hour, day, week...
anything really - it's all good!

If you want to make friends with Miriam, you can find her here:
blog - http://createhopeinspire.blogspot.com
email - makeitgiveit@gmail.com


Want to meet more?
Angela's Interview
Hazel's Interview
Gina's Interview
Deb's Interview
Treena's Interview




9 comments:

  1. oh Sophie - thanks for your lovely words - my heart is full xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam is the BEST! Love her more than green jellybeans xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Ange! more than green jelly beans? Stoked!!! :o) x

      Delete
  3. Miriam, you are such a beautiful person inside and out! I love the quote about kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lauren - that quote is all my own :o) xx

      Delete
  4. Miriam is nothing short of a Rockstar xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, so not true, but so made me smile very much xxx

      Delete
  5. Miriam you inspire you
    You are kind to the inner core
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. said from one of the most compassionate hearted women I know!

      Delete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover