Monday, March 30, 2015

Ladies Pixie Coat - Pattern Release


After I made the Big Little Pea Coat a few years ago, I told Lisa that if she ever designed a women's coat I would love to be one of the first to make it! So here I am, showing of the very new-just-released-today Ladies Pixie Coat pattern

Lisa's Big Little patterns are so easy, they really are for beginners with no button holes or zips to worry about! 


I have made two coats already, out of super warm vintage blankets. The first is for me, and then Lisa adjusted the pattern and the fit based off our recommendations to the pattern. 


With the pattern updated to include a larger hood and longer arms I made another for my friend Georgia, who is modelling it below. 


The actual sewing of the coat only took one night and was very easy to put together. The pattern comes with a tutorial that includes step by step instructions and lots of photos of the process. 

It's hard to go wrong. But if you do, there's a pattern group you can join on Facebook and theres many sewers there who can supply inspiration and answer questions, along with Lisa (the designer) herself on hand. 


You can buy the Womens Pixie Coat with included rounded hood and regular collar options in sizes 6-18 from the Big Little Etsy shop.

For today and tomorrow the pattern is 25% off using the code LADIESPIXIE

Check out the other patterns on offer while you're there (like the Kids Pixie!), all designed in New Zealand by a Kiwi Mum! 

I'll definitely be making this coat again, it's been tested 10 times over so you know it will fit and work well! I just need to find another perfect woollen blanket to use! My coat is affectionately called the "blan-coat" in our home. 


Lisa, thank you so much for creating such beautiful patterns for children and women! I love your work, and can't wait for the colder weather to kick in to snuggle in my warm coat! 

And Georgia, thanks for letting me make you a coat and force you to model it for me without any warning! 

READ MORE:
My Big Little Pea Coat for Milla
More of my Sewing

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for helping me test this pattern Sophie! I hope it keeps you super warm and cosy in the cooler months xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work Sophie - these are gorgeous. I love blan-coat!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I recognised the fabric - shows my age that I remember those patterns ;-). The coats look lovely and warm, and congratulations on the great finish on them!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! These are beautiful coats. I can't wait to make one even though we're heading into spring here.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover