Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I'm Joining In:: Scrappy Quilt Along

The last week, thankfully, flew by as we made our way through our first school holidays with Milla home from Kindy.

It was relaxing and I felt the pressure of being out of the house by 8.20 in the morning ease, along with packed lunches and tired cranky girls after busy days.

I've been sick for the last three weeks, trying to get over pesky swollen throat glands and headaches and last week I finally found some relief in the monotony.

As a result, I missed my Stuff I've Made blog post, but I did instead get the absolute honour of guest posting on Deb's Works In Progress blog.


I wrote to her readers about joining the Scrappy Quilt Along and showed off my first blocks and a little video of the process that the hubs made for me. You can jump over to the post to see it if you want to :) :: (Scrappy Quilt A Long Sophie Slim Guest Post).

So that's what I focussed on last week, a basket of some 1000 little fabric squares that are being sewn into rows and large squares. It's time consuming, repetitive, colourful, and just what I need right now.

Peace x

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous start to a quilt Sophie - love the bright colours! hope you fully recover soon.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sophie hope you're managing to get as much rest as possible xxx
    I have glandular fever so I'm feeling you ;(
    I'm so jolly tempted to do this quilt along - scraps I have plenty !!!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover