Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Baby Moo2, 25 weeks - wearing Belly Beyond


Baby Moo2 is growing!! All of a sudden there is no longer 6 months to go! We're down to three (and a bit) and I'm starting to get organised!

When I first found out I was having a winter baby I admittedly freaked out a little bit. I am not a cold person, I hate the winter with a passion and struggle my way through it to be rewarded with a beautiful spring. If I could live on a tropical island I would! For me winters represent nothing but cold, dark days, couple those images with a new born baby and a toddler stuck in doors... panic! 

I decided from the outset that I would learn to embrace this dark necessary season and do all that I could in preparation to make it a good one. 


The first step was to have a good range of warm maternity clothes that would do me through the autumn months. Belly Beyond sent me this ensemble from their Ripe Maternity range. 




The top wont do for breastfeeding but it is perfect for these overcast damp days with a big belly, and isn't a daggy old maternity top! No elastic down the sides! I can see myself wearing this next winter (minus a bump!). Its a stripy knit fabric that is soft and stretchy with a big with neckline which I love. (Have I ever mentioned collar bones are my favourite body part? Also my strawberry birth mark :) Milla has one too!) 


I already had two pairs of maternity jeans, but I haven't worn either of them since getting these ones! These are Ripe Maternity's skinny jeans. I can't believe I'm going to admit this:: They've got -nothing- on my $25 KMart jeans. I can't believe I was wearing those uncomfortable things! 

These jeans actually fit my belly! They curve and the bottom of my belly and rise up above my bum so they are nice and comfy and dont show off anything when I bend over! They have a huge belly band which has elastic at the top so it stays up and you can't see it under tops!

I love the way belly bands feel so secure and tight on my tummy so I always wear mine up!


Friends on the Sophie Slim facebook page had some great ideas for being happy over the winter months and I've written them all down and will add them to my preparations ... cushions, slippers, lamps for the lounge, lots of pumpkin soup and a nice light novel for those late night breastfeeding sessions!

I'm actually starting to get excited about the snugglyness ahead!! This baby will be here before we know it!


THE DETAILS:
WEARING:
Stripe Knit c/- Belly Beyond
Ripe Maternity Skinny Jeans c/- Belly Beyond
Shoes - Wildpair
Watch - Kmart

READ MORE:
Baby Moo2 - 20 Weeks
Baby Moo2 so far - The Journey
Baby Moo2's gender reveal!


If you have any more suggestions for helping me survive this winter, please leave them in the comments! I'll love you forever.

PS, we've named her!!

4 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeous, Mrs! A good pair of maternity jeans is essential, and that top looks great.
    (And it's funny, because I saw a pic of you somewhere and thought to myself, "that girl has lovely collarbones"!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful. bb are great, the
    delivery is so quick, always next day in my experience even tho they're in auckland x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great :)Do you have any updates for us all?

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover