Monday, March 11, 2013

Donate to Plunket and WIN!


Last week I set up a collection point for my local Plunket. With a team of volunteers who I contact from the last years Pepe groups (the new parents course Plunket offers), we collected each lunch time over the week days.

Together we managed to raised $790.60

Not bad, considering we are situated in low-income East Christchurch! Its amazing how much everyones small change can add up to, and what a difference that will make to our local Plunket.

Although the nurses are funded, the every day running of the clinics and rooms are the responsibility of the committees, all of the money needed has to be fundraised throughout the year. Our Plunket is in east Christchurch and serves mostly low income, high needs families. The $790 raised will go towards providing morning teas, running new parents courses and weekly play groups, along with necessary borings like cleaning products and toilet paper for these families. 

It is an honour and a privilege to be able to help our community in this way.

Initially I had set my hopes on raising $1000, and I would still love to meet that target.

For this week only, ending Friday, I am taking internet donations to add to the $790. For every $5 you donate towards Woolston Plunket (and all of it will get there, promise) you will go in the draw to win a personalised birth details print like pictured above.

Please put your donations in The Sisterhood bank account::

ASB# 12-3149-0209199-13



The Details::
The text colours and wording are all up to you, I will design it to your specifications and it will be given to you via email so you can print it off (at your local photo machine!) and frame it. For every $50 donated I will add in an extra opportunity to win a print. For example $200 raised will result in 4 prints being up for grabs!

Use your name as a reference, and if I dont know you please either comment here with your email address or email me sophieslim@moo2.co.nz to let me know you have contributed!

I'll keep you up to date with the money raised on my Sophie Slim Facebook Page and will announce the winner next Monday 18th March, 2013.


Thank you for your love and kindness towards the community I live in and serve <3 b="">




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover