Sunday, May 15, 2011

Harry Potter 30 Day Challenge.... In One Night

Its no secret that I love Harry Potter, I feel as if I grew up with the books, I have read them and read them and read them, used to dream of being whisked away to a specialty school with special text books (this dream later came true when I studied Christian Ministry) (weird I know) and when I was younger cried myself to sleep because I wasn't Hermione and had no magical poweress.


Since knowing Graeme, I have taught him everything he knows about HP, and he has never read a world of J K Rowlings - I have also kept the ending a secret from him, which he prefers (because he's actually kind of into it) and I take great delight in.


This challenge was supposed to be spread over everyday but I am lazy and forgetful, so here goes one big post....


Day 1: Your fave book.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Always!! It had everything in it, and I LOVED reading about all the different schools and magic, and learning more about Old Voldy.

Day 2: Your fave movie.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I thought they did this movie wonderfully, and it made such a change to the cheesy american versions that went before it.

Day 3: Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book.

I Didn't like the Order of the Pheonix movie, they had to communicate so much, and i think they made a good attempt using the newspaper headers, but I really dont see how non-book-readers could have got the full story. I also really liked how they went to St Mungos and got to see Lockheart and learnt lots more about Neville, which you neve see in the film.

Day 4: Least fave female character and why.

I dont like Narcissa. She annoys me and just suddenly pops up with very little development.

Day 5: Fave male character and why.

I like Neville, he's not my fave, but I like him. I think he's exceptionally brave.

Day 6: What house would you want to be in.

I would love to say Gryffindor, but I think really it would be Ravenclaw. They are so smart.

Day 7: Fave female character and why.

Lunas pretty awesome. No reason.

Day 8: What do you think would be your fave lesson.

Probably Transfiguration or Charms - Master either of those and the magical world is your oyster

Day 9: Least fave male character.

Lucious, he's a spineless git.

Day 10: Horcruxes or Hallows.

Horcruxes for sure. Down with Voldy!

Day 11: What character would you say you are most like.

Probably a good mix of Ron and Hermione. 

Day 12: Fave ship.

Tonks & Lupin <3

Day 13: Least fave movie.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 

Day 14: Team Voldermort or Team harry.

'Arry Potta!

Day 15: Who would be your best friends at hogwarts. (three only)

Parvati, Lav Lav and Firenze

Day 16: Fave professor

Mc Gonnagol

Day 17: Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice.

Scared. Very scared. I will probably cry because the journey is finally over.

Day 18: Least fave book.

Philosophers stone, but only because I have read it sooo many times. I used to read it outloud in an English Accent to myself and put on everyones voices. I did it so often I could recite the whole first chapter off my head. To the boy who Lived!

Day 19: Do you prefer the books or films.

Books. Always.

Day 20: If you had to meet one member of the cast, who would it be.

Emma Watson, she seems like a dear.

Day 21: Out of all the characters that died, if you could bring one back, who would it be.

Lupin.. Tear.

Day 22: Harry Potter or Twilight

Lol

Day 23: Any part of the books/movies that makes you cry.

Lots. But mostly Sirius, Dumbledore and Dobby (And the ones who pass at the end (can't give anything away for hubby)

Day 24: Any particular scene you wished would have been put in the movie but it wasn’t.

St Mungos,

Day 25: Nineteen years later. Are you happy how it turned out, or do you wish something was different, ie Neville married Luna.

I'm Happy :) It's all very sweet.


Day 26: If you could be able to work one spell without a wand what would it be.
Wingardium Leviosa

Day 27: Would you rather own The Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand.

Invisibility Cloak - Dare you even ask since you know what happened to the 3 brothers?

Day 28: Do you listen to Wizard Wrock, what do you think about it.

Lol.

Day 29: Did you enjoy A Very Potter Musical.

I did, but could only watch half of it, the sound quality was terrible. I wish I had been in the audience.

Day 30: What affect has Harry Potter made on your life and how much does it mean to you

HP was my teenage years, so it's stuck with me for life. I know that sounds weird coming from a Christian, and I have considered that many times, and for a while I couldn't read it without it affecting me, but that time has passed and now it's all in good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover