Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby Lists




If you know me, I'm a bit of a Listy. I have lists for everything. Even lists about lists I need to write. I get so much satisfaction out of crossing things off them. You might think this is because I'm administration-like and organised but really its because I'm not. I learnt a long time ago that I had to write things down or things turned ugly. 

My current lists to get ready for Baby:
  • "Things Needed for Homebirth" (Just need to finish making the "birth mat" and to warn the neighbours!)
  • "Things to make sure of when Sophie goes into labour" <- that's for Graeme ;)
  • "Things to get for the Baby" (Just need a cot. Will probably buy that at the end of the year)
  • "Meal Ideas to freeze and extra things to buy" (Waffles, soups, pastas, ice blocks and more!)
  • "Questions to ask the Midwife" (Currently all questions have been answered (and if not by her then by Google)
  • "Thank-You Cards to be Sent" (Have bought the cards and slowly gathering addresses. Want to include a baby photo so they will be sent later down the track. Hoorah)
So far most things have been crossed off most of the lists. I am feeling very very satisfied with our progress. A lot of anxiousness was relieved this weekend when Graeme blew up our birth pool (with his bare lungs!!) we did have an electric pump to use for the job but maybe doing it manually was more manly and satisfying? It was entertaining to watch anyway. We filled it (took about an hour and a half from a pretty low pressured tap) and managed to connect the hose to our kitchen tap. 

Success! 


**I still need to write a "To make sure of if Sophie goes to hospital" list :)

7 comments:

  1. I totally thought she'd be here by now! Still hoping she comes on my bday! :) I don't know anything about birthing in a pool, but the picture of the pool makes it seem scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting organised. Is it all beginning to feel more "real" now? Believe me, lists become all the more important once baby is finally here...
    Love the new header by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia - Scary? But it has cute fishes on the side (and a scary shark or two. Okay. I'll give you that!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia - Scary? But it has cute fishes on the side (and a scary shark or two. Okay. I'll give you that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember to be very open minded about anything & everything, don't put pressure on yourself or be too obsessed with the whole homebirth concept, a healthy baby is all that matters, take it easy on yourself.
    That also includes anything on your list - your husband will not starve, babies don't stop you from cooking, cleaning, shopping or living, just strap them to you & get on with what you need to do.
    Finally, first borns often like to keep you waiting so enjoy that blow up pool, it might be there for a while!!
    Love that Graeme blew up the pool with his own lungs, now he's had 'his birth experience' you can try to match it.
    Good luck, yay, don't forget some magazines or bath toys, labour can go for ages (like 3 days for my first at 41+ weeks) add to that the fact none of my 4 children wanted to come out, induction, induction, induction, that was me . . . yay, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Straws. No one tells you how handy it is to have a straw to drink from in labour. That's my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm so glad I'm not the only one with thank you cards ready before the birth!!!! the first lot for zub stressed me out so much having to buy, write and send... i had aunties ringing to see if i'd received their gifts... ummm people I JUST HAD A BABY?????

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover